European Society of Thoracic Surgeons (ESTS)
The ESTS (European Society of Thoracic Surgeons) is a professional association of thoracic surgeons based in Europe, founded in 1993. It joins together more than 1,200 members coming from 70 different countries all over the world.
LightMedia was tasked with the redesign of the ESTS website and streamlining online membership options whilst providing a central location to store information about meetings, educational content, school courses, news and events. The new site would be highly customised and enable easy updates to the content.
How We Helped
We started by designing the site to be much more modern and striking and once the design had been agreed, we began work building the structure of the site. The site is packed full of features, including:
- Mobile friendly homepage animated banners
- Tracked advertising banner space
- Educational Content system allowing different types of files to be uploaded and the embedding of YouTube videos. This section also allows the user to filter content by related tags
- Event system coupled with interactive calendar and linked into the educational content section
- News system with date archive
- Custom online shop module, linking in with the Secure Hosting payment provider allowing online membership registration, school registrations and merchandise purchases. The shop also links in with the educational content and user management system, allowing some educational content to be restricted to users who have purchased certain items in the shop.
- Integration with internal membership system
- Committee section, allowing multiple committees to be added in the system, where a committee includes a public page, a private page (viewable only to that committee’s members), a document store and a form that allows committee members to email each other.
All of these features were built to be easily updated via the content management system and full face to face training was given to the ESTS web team.
Despite its numerous challenges, the project was a great success and the final site has turned out to be both fresh in design and extremely functional. The ESTS have already received positive feedback about the new site and are finding it easy to manage. We would like to thank the ESTS for working with us and wish them all the best in the future.
To visit the site and find out more about the ESTS please visit www.ests.org
To see our testimonial from ESTS, click here
← Read other case studies